Foundation Heroes is a volunteer program through the Kansas City, Kansas School Foundation for Excellence. The mission of the Foundation Heroes Program is to enhance and support the mission and vision of the Foundation by providing an opportunity for community members and students to share their expertise for the advancement of the Foundation and district.
The Foundation invites community members, alumni, retirees, and students to provide support and service to the needs of the Foundation and the KCKPS District.
Below you will find a list of volunteer opportunities that are typically available. If you find one of interest, complete the application form below.
Volunteer Opportunities Available
- Excellence in Education (Event, twice during school year)- In partnership with Student Services and Family Support, celebrate and present awards to all student of the month nominees (can be up to 200 students). This is an evening event, typically between 5-7:30pm during December and May.
- Golf Tournament (Event)- We require many volunteers to help us run our largest event of the year. This can include setting up the event, registration, showing people around, working a golf hole, food, and beverage cart)
- Back to School Fair (Event)- We require many volunteers to help us run our largest community event. This can include setup, registration, working a table, sitting with vendors, passing out snacks/flyers, being available to assist community members.
- Partners for Excellence Annual Breakfast (Event)- In partnership with the Superintendent and Communications team we celebrate our partners from the past year, celebrate programs in the school district, and thank our sponsors. This is typically at 8 am during the week and lasting no longer than 2 hours.
- Reasons to Believe (Event)- Award Ceremony to celebrate alumni and student scholarship recipients. Typically, this is done in the evening in November.
- Office Support: We often require some support in office with prep for events. This can include putting together decorations, packets, making copies, printing items, sorting items for events, checking that items are labeled correctly, etc.
For more information on becoming an active volunteer, please email us at email@example.com.