We Excel through Grants
The Kansas City Kansas School Foundation for Excellence provides innovative and excellent educational opportunities for students and families of Kansas City Kansas Public Schools – USD 500 through grants and scholarships. Grants and Scholarships are only awarded to students, teachers and employees of USD 500.
GRANT APPLICATIONS OPEN IN THE FALL
Grant Guidelines and Eligibility
Please read carefully to fully understand guidelines and expectations. Only grant requests for instructional projects that supplement and align with the District’s Strategic Plan will be considered. The number of grants and grant amount awarded will depend upon available funds.
District Initiatives (maximum award $1,500/Teacher) provide funds for projects that supplement and align with the District’s strategic plan. Initiatives may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Classroom Supplies/Equipment
- Professional Development
- Student Enrichment Activities
- Community Enrichment Activities
Annual grant applications will be due in the Fall.
Notification of Recipients:
Annual recipients will be notified in the month of October of each school year.
Date for Awarding Funds:
- Funds for approved annual applications are deposited no later than October 31 each year.
- Funds will be deposited in the District Account for each grant recipient.
- Any unexpended funds will revert to the Foundation after the conclusion of the grant project.
- Grant funds are limited to Kansas City Kansas Public Schools employees.
- When a group proposal is submitted, one certificated employee must be designated to assume overall administrative responsibility for the grant project, and all related correspondence will be so directed.
- Recipients must adhere to all District financial guidelines and policies.
- If a recipient does not complete a Grant Summary for a previous year grant, the current grant request will not be considered for funding.
- Recipients may be asked to attend a Foundation Board/KCKPS Board of Directors meeting to discuss their grant projects.
- If the grant application is approved, any change to the budget amount approved or expenditure for items other than those requested must be submitted to the Foundation Board for approval.
- Products/equipment purchased with grant funds become the property of the District.
- The grant project must have a designated time frame for completion.
- The grant project must have SMART Objectives – the SPECIFIC and MEASUREABLE outcomes to be achieved, why it is believed these outcomes are ATTAINABLE and REALISTIC, and in what TIMEFRAME completion is anticipated.
- Funds may not replace normal funding from tax-based sources.
- The proposal must describe how the success of the project will be evaluated.
Application Review Process:
- Proposals shall be competitively reviewed by a designated Foundation Committee.
- Projects will be judged based on their potential to positively impact instruction and academic achievement.
- Grants awarded will be based on available funds.
- Annual grant recipients must submit a grant summary report to email@example.com.
To be considered for funding, the application must:
- Be grammatically correct and free of spelling errors.
- Be complete (all sections).
- Provide a brief description of the project.
- Describe a method to evaluate the success of the project.
- All applications must be submitted electronically through the KCKSFFE web portal.